Sunday, 6 November 2011

The Problem with Paris

You know when I set up this blog I never thought I would have to write an article concerning Paris Hilton, of all people! I thought 'MotoGP, God I love this sport, and the great thing is that everyone involved is truly passionate about it!'

Guess I was wrong...

Paris Hilton the sponsor of  'Blusens by Paris Hilton Racing' (as if you could miss who the sponsor is) gave her name, and Daddy's money, to the 125 team at the end of last year. The team comprising of the two Spanish riders, Maverick Vinales and Josep Rodriguez,  Sports Director Richard Jove and previous technician to Valentino Rossi Rossano Brazzi, have had a good first season with Vinales finishing 3rd in his rookie championship on 248 points, claiming 4 wins and the Michel Metraux Trophy, as voted for by his peers. Rodriguez on the other hand came 32nd in the championship on 3 points, only starting 8 races, and from what I can gather his best finish was 14th- there is not that much information on him out there sadly, not even on Paris Hilton's official site.

(Ahh yes the site...almost as annoying as her. There is a little button on sponsoring that follows you around, and the bad grammar almost has me convinced she may have something to do with the writing of it!?)

Now I understand that this is a business and especially in this economic climate the teams need all the help they can get, but some things should be left to those who understand and appreciate the world they are in. A motorcycle team should not be owned by an American socialite, with no discernible talents. (I know that sounds harsh, but she's had worst, I am sure). It's not only that she splurges her name all over the place, it's the amount of pink too.
Pink: Maverick Vinales riding for the Paris Hilton owned 125 team 
                                                                                                 
At least if she has to own it, she could just stay away from the track and she should defiantly, defiantly not be aloud to collect the trophy like she did today for Maverick's 4th win. It feels like an insult to the sport.

Sorry guys this turned into a bit of a rant, but you should be glad it didn't take a turn for the whole 'Capitalism has done this debate'-this is a Moto GP blog after all!

*Guys I am just adding this bit for a friend, it won't make sense to you- I dislike Paris Hilton and she is not fat!*

See I am a writer that gives my work a personal touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment