Monday, 21 March 2011

The Race is on!

ROUND ONE~QATAR


125's
The 2011 season is under way and it is going to be the last 125 year as 2012 will see the entrance of Moto3 and 250cc engines!


So Qatar saw it's last 125 race led by Nico Terol from start to finish constantly being 10 seconds on average infront of the tailing gang of Sandro Cortese (100th race), Sergio Gadea, Efren Vazquez and Jonas Folger who took 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th consecutively. But we all know the reason Terol is speeding away because last years cream of the crop have moved on up to Moto2 (yes I'm talking Marquez, Smith and Espargaro).


As for our British boys Danny Kent came 13th, which is great for a rookie, with Danny Webb 16th, Taylor Mackenzie 18th and Harry Stafford 25th riding briliantly with a broken wrist! My friends the future is bright!


I can't wait for the next race in two weeks time when the guys venture out to Jerez, which is always fun and I'm sure Terol will want to maintain the top spot on the podium for his home crowd!


Moto2
Surprisingly Marquez qualified 2nd, 2nd! In his first race on a Moto2 bike. I was expecting him to be crap, rubbish like most rookies, but no he is up there fighting with the big boys! Actually as I’m writing this I’ve just seen an orange blur fly across my TV screen…No# 93...ah yes, Marc Marquez. So much for the second place, maybe I was right! Sorry.
And in true Moto2 style 7 non-finishers (crashers) one of which included British Kev Coghlan who retired. Scott Redding also managed to chuck his bike down the road (maybe comeuppance for dying his hair red (yes I know it was for red nose day but you can do other things and his hair was dudey before!) but thankfully he picked it up again and finished in 31st place.
Bradl was another leader from the start winning with a 6 second lead (it must be confusing for the sound system to play a national anthem that is not Spanish after last years race wins mostly being Spanish!) But I would say Bradl is defiantly one to watch, and I can pick ‘em Marc Marquez, well lets just say I’ve seen that one coming for a few years!

MotoGP
Amongst a lot of screaming and shouting from me and the BBC commentators the dust clears to reveal a Frenchman curled up in the middle of the track. Randy de Puniet. Well it’s to be expected really. Ironically swerving to avoid team mate de Puniet Capparossi injured his hand on the flying No# 14 bike and had to retire. So 3 laps in, after de Puniet limped away both the Primac boys were in the pits. I feel sorry the Primac team, they don’t have much luck, last years Aleix Espargaro and Mika Calio binning the bikes in the gravel at every available opportunity. But for some reason I have soft spot in my heart for the green and white team. Another crasher was that of the Moto2 Champion Toni Elias who with only 3 laps to go hoped off and crawled away!
Else where on the track Stoner, Pedrosa, Dovizioso and Lorenzo were sqabling like spoilt children over podium positions. Stoner came out on top followed by Lorenzo in 2nd and Pedrosa in 3rd ( Dani looked like he might be suffering from a bit of arm pump!) Even finishing second Lorenzo still made such a fuss, he is such a show off, I hate show offs!
The legend that is Rossi finished 7th seeming weary and creaky when he ambled off the bike. A big wobble with 7 laps to go probably didn’t hep either.

P.S Did you see the moon! 


Annie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment