Sunday, 3 June 2012

Catalunya replay...?

I am starting to think that Marc Marquez is developing a bit of a Lewis Hamilton complex.
If you don't know what that is, let me explain. Last year in the F1Lewis didn't appear as if he could do anything right having regular trips to see the stewards and facing disciplinary action the majority of the time. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/8545307/Monaco-Grand-Prix-2011-Lewis-Hamilton-risks-disciplinary-action-after-astonishing-outburst.html#)


Similarly Johann Zarco suffered last year in the final 125cc season having his first win at Catalunya striped after minuscule contact with Terol on the last corner, resulting in 20 seconds being added to his end time pushing him down to sixth place! (http://www.crash.net/motogp/race+report/169921/1/125_zarco_stripped_of_catalunya_victory.html)
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/13660409)

I guess you can see where I am going with this. Although Marquez has not been penalised yet, I feel his chances are escalating after today's race at Catalunya with Pol Espargaro's crash and some defensive racing lines.
  
Marc Marquez Marc Marquez of Spain and Team CatalunyaCaixa Repsol rounds the bend during the free practice at Circuit de Catalunya on June 2, 2012 in Montmelo, Spain. Marc Marquez got the pole position of Moto2.

He is a bit of a Marmite character, but I remain assured he is one of the best riders out there...25 pole positions by the age of 19...ahem...

No comments:

Post a Comment